1. I stayed up until 1:30 AM last night, brainstorming on our big adoption fundraising event. Dumb.
2. It is now after 11 PM and I am just starting to blog. Not good after last night's late night session.
3. I went to an adoption support group's advisory board tonight and they are going to get behind our event. Woo-Hoo!
4. I am really tired.
5. My kitchen is clean, but the table tops are starting to get cluttered again. Must fix that tomorrow.
6. After teaching my public speaking class from 2:30-5:40 today, I still managed to pull a homemade sit-down dinner (that I hadn't planned ahead like I'm supposed to) out of a hat to serve before my husband, my daughter and her friend had to leave the house at 6:30. I was a crazy cyclone of a woman in the kitchen, but it turned out to be pretty good, despite my lack of forethought.
7. My son has spent all of his spare time this week (and some of his supposed school work time, when I've been distracted and haven't noticed) learning how to make terrible fake wounds on himself with special effects makeup. They have been truly disgusting and it has been easy to reward him with the totally-grossed-out reactions he is looking for.
8. My daughter has been arranging her Barbie dolls and G.I.Joe action figures in the refrigerator every time my back is turned so that I am startled every time I open the door. Last I checked, there was a very 'ripped' shirtless man on one knee, proposing to a woman in a frilly ball gown between the gallon of milk and the tub of sour cream. On a lower shelf, a man in camo hunting attire and a woman in a 70's pantsuit were sitting side by side, propped against a tube of Pilsbury biscuits, apparently lost in deep conversation. Another couple appeared to be seeking some privacy behind the mayonnaise and mustard in the door.
9. My chocolate Lab, Fudge, is not so bright, and borders on just-plain-nutso.
10. I made chocolate chip cookies with slices of Snickers bars inside them this morning on a whim, just because I saw them on Pinterest. They were incredibly good. Between my family and my daughter's friends and my public speaking class, they are all gone now.
That's it! Goodnight, friends.