Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 20: Moving Forward

My business project from last night really should have become a two-day thing, but I just kept working on it until it was done. That didn't occur until after 2 AM, unfortunately, so I am just a little tired today. Too bad I don't do coffee anymore. Today would be a good day for it.

I'm at the library again, with only a few minutes to spare before it closes, so I'll be brief (I'll need my evening blog session time slot for sleeping, I'm afraid). I printed off all my application forms for the various copies of birth and marriage certificates that I'll be needing for our adoption home study and three out of the five of them are all filled out with payment, SASE's and copies of driver's licenses attached, and are already in the mail. Woo-hoo! The two documents needed from California (my husband's birth certificate and our marriage certificate) need to be notarized, so they are folded neatly into their mailing envelopes with post-its tacked to them to remind me to get them to the bank to get notarized. I'd hoped to accomplish that today, but it just didn't get it done before I had to leave to get Tano to his filmmaking class. Tomorrow. Then I get to cross that off my list for this week.

So, a big project is done and my documents are ordered. After I get home from here and grab a bite to eat, I plan to do some laundry (including folding and putting away, of course), straighten up a few things that have been moved out of place, give the kitchen a wave of my magic wand, sip a glass of red and pray with my husband...and then crash.

It's pretty amazing, really, just watching these words appear on the screen in front of me, knowing that my fingers (MY fingers!) are the ones that typed them. It's been an amazing month, friends. The transformation continues.

No comments: