Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 19: I Hate to Have to Do This, But...

I have a big project that desperately needs my attention. It will require a couple of solid hours of dedicated computer time at home, but I am having a problem finding time for it, because I'm...uh...I'm kind of committed to spending an hour or more every evening writing my entries for this 31 Days project.

My kids use the computers in the daytime for school. Tano is doing six classes through Montana Digital Academy, which is entirely online. Ellie has typing lessons and Equine Science and Tagalog language lessons online, plus little bits of research for her other subjects. My late afternoons and early evenings are tied up with playing taxi cab driver almost every day of the week. The only times I get my itchy fingers on a computer keyboard are early mornings (NOT a morning person), Wednesday and Thursday afternoons at the library during Taxi Service (for no more than a half hour at a time and without the programs I need), and late evenings (my block of time set aside for this blog).

Hmmm...

This isn't working. The project should only take one day--maybe two at the most--but I have to get it done. I'm behind on it and I really don't need to continue to add this stress to my chaos when I am so desperately working toward getting all the loose ends in my life tied up and taken care of. That's the whole point, right?

So I'm here at the library right now and I'm just letting you know that this is all you get today. I will be spending my evening hours working on my project, emerging from the chaos.

What will you do this evening to help you emerge from yours? Choose something, even something little, get it done, and let me know in a comment so we can all be encouraged. See you tomorrow, friends.

1 comment:

Alana in Canada said...

Hey, you have to do what you have to do. Good for you! The blog serves you--you do not serve the blog. Catch ya when you're back!

Funny, though, I'm finding that the time taken up by my 31 day commitment is requiring me to adjust my expectations about how much I can get done in a day, now.