Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Little Women, Part Two: Little Links

If you missed the first part of what I didn't know was going to be a mini-series, here it is: Little Women

For some reason, the previous post was very difficult for me to write in a public place like a blog. I'd spent so many of my formative years embarrassed--nay, humiliated--that I still saw any level of disclosure on this topic as something shameful, something to be hidden.

How could she be a Double A? That's not natural! I can't believe she is admitting to it. Just look in the stores--that's a little girls' size! Oh, the horror! And she says she's ok with being that size? I can't imagine...

I know that looks pretty silly in writing, doesn't it? But I think that's how I felt until I began to do my research this week. Since then, I have found that my shopping experience is common to women my size--and there are more of them than just me--many more. I have come across so many women's stories in my research, exasperated that they can't find a bra to fit them properly, and frustrated that our media-fed society treats women with small breasts as people to ignore, or people to 'fix,' targeting entire industries toward making us feel inadequate so they can turn around and sell us miracle bras (bras should really be called prosthetic devices) or surgeries to make us 'whole.' I'm not the only crazy person who thinks I might just be ok the way I am.

If you are like me, or know someone like me, here are some links for little women that might prove helpful:

Blogs

Small Bust, Big Heart

32AA Bra

Stop Hating Your Body

The Little Bra Company

Shopping

Lula Lu Petite Lingerie

Lailides: Lingirie From AA to B

Eve's Apples

The Little Bra Company


Now, if only a bra with one-third the fabric didn't have to cost twice as much...

No comments: