Friday, April 22, 2011

MY Corn Bread Recipe

I have been making corn bread for years. I've tried so many different recipes that I've lost count. For a long time, I made a variation of the sweet cornbread on the Albers box. I eventually got bored with it. I knew I could make something better. Today, I did. Fortunately, I wrote it down as I made it, just in case it was good and I wanted to remember it. It was, and I did. Here it is:

1-1/2 C. flour
1-1/2 C. cornmeal
1/2 C. sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. kosher salt

1-1/2 C. buttermilk
2 eggs
1/3 C. vegetable oil
3 T. butter (softened)
1 15 oz. can of whole kernel corn

Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately, then combine. Spoon into a 9x13 greased pan and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into 24 squares and serve warm on a platter. Trust me.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I always used your sweet cornbread recipe instead of the one on the box & my family loves it. Now, I will have to try this one. I think the canned corn makes a big difference :)