Thursday, July 01, 2010

Like Weeds, I Tell You, Like Weeds

I bought my son some new shoes last week. They were size 10.

I bought my daughter some new shoes last week. They were size 9.

I bought my son some new shorts this week. I tried the boys' department first, but nothing there fit him. Turns out, he wears a men's size 28.

I bought my daughter some new pants last week. They were size 14.

My son answered my phone today and a very close friend of the family seriously mistook him for his father.

I gave my daughter a hug this morning and realized that her head just barely fits under my chin.

I gave my son a hug this morning and we were the same size.

The boy is only 13. The girl is only 10. Needless to say, we are going through a lot of food around here right now.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Okay, it's time to get serious about this weed problem--put bricks (not books) on their heads!!! Because Grandma said so, that's why!

Mister Ed T said...

Weeds always survive and flourish. So give up the fight! Welcome the the wonderful teenage years.

My sons both passed me in grade nine. When I could no longer hug them, they started hugging me.

That's the way it is supposed to be!