Thursday, May 13, 2010

Let There Be Light!

It truly amazes me how my mood and general sense of well-being can be so strongly influenced by the amount of light in the sky. The sun broke through the clouds today after several days of grey. It just made everything better somehow. Everything.

What is it, deep within us that responds to light? I'm not a scientist, but I think there is something really important here--on a biological level, a psychological level, a spiritual level.

So, when God describes Himself as the light of the world, I'm pretty sure that's bigger than we even know.

Just pondering. I think I'll go outside and find something that needs to be done in that gorgeous sunshine.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

I agree! That's why I was eager to move to the land of sunshine! Grayness doesn't become me!

CML_Shearings said...

I've heard so many folks talk about Seasonal Affective Disorder, but none have linked it to God being our light before. You've got something deep there! Thanks for sharing.