Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Great News!

My daughter has been sitting outside on the lawn swing, reading her literature book. She just came flying into the house, grinning from ear to ear as she ran to find me in the kitchen.

"Well, you'll be happy to hear the great news!!"

I looked up from stirring my pot on the stove to see my little ray of sunshine, complete with shorts, flip-flops and several new freckles on her nose. She was giddy with excitement, about to burst. "What's the great news?"

"Drake (our seven year old labrador mix) isn't afraid to sit on the swing and rock with me anymore! You know how he used to hate to get up there and I would make him do it, but he just stood there trembling and wouldn't relax? Well, I finally got him to lay down and let me rock him and I think he really likes it!"

And with that, the little whirlwind with the sparkling green eyes blew back out the front door.

I really love that kid.

1 comment:

concretegodmother said...

that just rocks!