Saturday, January 30, 2010

Breakfast Cookies!

What could be better than cookies and milk for breakfast? These rock. Just ask my kids.

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup butter
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 3/4 cup peanut butter
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla
* 1/2 cup applesauce
* 1 cup flour
* 4 cups oats (I like to use Wheat Montana's 7-Grain Cereal instead of plain oats)
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 2 tablespoons flax seeds
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup raisins
* 1 large apple, diced

Directions

1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. Cream butter with sugars until creamy. Add eggs, peanut butter, vanilla and applesauce, mix.
3. In a separate bowl combine flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, flax seed and soda.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet, mix.
5. Add raisins and apple and fold in.
6. Spoon large mounds of cookie dough on lightly greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool completely before putting away.

Makes about two dozen very large cookies.

Thanks to "luv2cookinpa" from Recipezaar.com for the recipe. I've only changed a few little things.

3 comments:

Eagle-eye Di said...

Aha! I see the ingredients.Scrap I asked for on your facebook.Thanks

CML_Shearings said...

Thanks, I will use this recipie. I always have Wheat Montana 7 grain cereal for breakfast & this will be a great variation!

Sheila said...

YUM. Can you get Wheat Montana 7 grain outside of Montana? I think I've found a new quest . . . .