Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Parents Have the Flu Today

Elli just walked into the living room with one of her favorite books of poetry, It's Raining Pigs and Noodles, by Jack Prelustsky. She announced that she had a poem to dedicate to us, her sickie parents. The following is what she read:


My parents have the flu today,
They both are sick in bed,
And thoughts of things to do today
Are swimming through my head.
My nimble brain is burgeoning
With ways to misbehave,
I'll give my brother's Teddy Bear
A haircut and a shave.

Perhaps I'll make a mud pie
In my sister's stupid hat,
Attach my mother's earrings
To the puppy and the cat,
Hang carrots from the ceiling,
Stuff bananas into shoes,
Then set the clocks to different times,
It's certain to confuse.

I'll switch the salt and sugar,
Scatter meatballs on the rugs,
Hide spaghetti in the closet,
And refrigerate some bugs.
I'll paint my father's underwear
An iridescent blue.
My options are unlimited,
My parents have the flu.



Should I be worried?

2 comments:

Eagle-eye Di said...

Cute poem.Sorry you got sick.Its par for the coarse of being parents.

Mister Ed T said...

Should you be worried? Definately!
You got one bright kid there