Friday, October 09, 2009

Inconceivable

I very rarely get sick. I don't know if it's because my hands are perpetually submerged in hot soapy dish water, of if I really have an amazing immune system, but for whatever reason, it's rare.

When Elli started coming down with a nasty cold/flu bug, I wasn't worried. I downed some vitamin C and chopped up some jalapeƱos, my sure-fire immunity booster combination. I began to feel a scratchy tickle in my throat, so I repeated the above procedure. This almost always works, even after the symptoms have started to manifest themselves.

Not this time.

I am sick.

Blah.

I just hope Andy doesn't get it. He gets everything that is going around, it seems. A little role reversal right about now would be great.

1 comment:

alison said...

I'm at the tickling throat stage, myself. I'm sorry to hear you're sick.