Thursday, September 17, 2009

Seriously

I went for a walk this evening with my husband and a friend and her three dogs. The dogs found a skunk and gave brief chase. It was brief because the skunk, in full view of us, stopped short, held his ground and sprayed the dogs. Unfortunately, we were close by and downwind of this little incident--and it was a very breezy evening. Let's just say, even though the dogs took the brunt of it, we three humans got to share in the joy of it all.

A few minutes later, laughing at our misfortune over dessert in the friend's kitchen, I leaned in to give someone a hug and came back up right under one of those sticky fly-strips, covered, appropriately, with dead flies. It stuck in my hair.

We laughed some more, for what else can you do when a minor series of unfortunate events strikes?

I called first shower when we got home.

3 comments:

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

pretty funny!

SUZIE Q said...

Awesome! Hope the shower did the trick

CML_Shearings said...

I'm happy for you that Fudge & Drake were not involved in this "fun" outing.