Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Winner


There is a town in South Dakota called Winner. We stopped there on a road trip a few years back and I appreciated the great name.

I'm thinking I should move to Winner because I am certain that I am deserving of some sort of medal or something in the "Stupidest Injury EVER" category of lifetime achievement awards.

We had a visitor coming to Andy's shop yesterday and I was helping him quickly tidy up. I noticed that all the table tops were coated in a thin layer of sawdust, so I offered to dust them off for him. Sounds reasonable so far, right?

But you know, even when it is turned off, you really shouldn't try to dust a table saw when the blade is up--especially when you are in a hurry and not really paying attention.

I ran my hand right over the blade, whose teeth were pointing toward me. It's not a serious cut, but it bled a bit. Stupid, stupid!

I cut my hand on a table saw when it wasn't even on.

I INJURED MYSELF DUSTING.

I'm moving to Winner.

3 comments:

alison said...

Thank you for the laugh line. I was starting to feel queasy.

That's terrible and very, very funny.

CML_Shearings said...

Amazing how you think to put this Winner sign from the past with your comments! That's the creative side of you coming through the English teacher.

Mister Ed T said...

Glad you didn't hit the on button.
Maybe Andy needs to teach a safety course, just for you!