Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Day Ten, Morning Edition

So I started a beef stew at seven-thirty this morning, hoping it will be ready by lunch time. It looks like a pretty good stew, but I decided to give it just a little extra boost. I used up all the red wine in the pasta sauce Monday, so instead I added a half a bottle of a really good local beer that we happened to have on hand.

But now it is only eight-thirty in the morning and I have a half bottle of really good local beer left in front of me. Feels a little strange, but 'twould be a shame...

4 comments:

Dan said...

In my best Simpson's Barney voice:

"It's five o'clock somewhere!"

alison said...

Reading this made a glass of wine sound good. And it's 5:52 here!

Anonymous said...

Try replacing all water added with beer. It gives it a flavor like wild game by the time it is done.

Chad

Sherry C said...

Chad,

I did replace all the water with that beer and the flavor turned out to be wonderfully rich and complex. I will be doing that more often.