Saturday, October 04, 2008

Day Six

My job is significantly easier today. I am off duty...sort of. The class is in session, but I am not responsible for meals. I set out the coffee service and a basket of snacks a little while ago and, aside from checking on the coffee now and then, I am done with class food. They are responsible for their own breakfast and will head to Subway for lunch.

My house, however, needs some help. We have not let it dissolve into total chaos, but it is threatening to go there if some immediate intervention is not taken. In addition to picking up clutter, all the basic cleaning tasks need to be done--the vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping, bathroom cleaning, etc. I need my kids for this, but they are still asleep and I haven't had the heart to disturb them; it's been such a long week for all of us.

Oh, and laundry. Must do copious amounts of laundry today.

Off duty?
You be the judge.

1 comment:

alison said...

Baby, I keep looking for that time clock. When I find it, I will for sure call you.