Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Three in One

So the kids and I were playing outside together today for P.E. class. In a rousing round of all-terrain Follow the Leader, we were jumping across fallen and rotting logs in the gully. I was leading at the time and apparently we stepped on or too near a hornet's nest. Being first, I got through unscathed, but the two behind me got it. Fortunately, we only had three stings; two on the back of Tano's neck and one on Elli's back.

The good news is that we were out there for exercise and the physical activity level increased significantly at that point, as they ran yelling and crying all the way home, with me trying to keep up but lagging increasingly behind.

Ice, lunch and hot chocolate helped. Within a few hours, they felt fine.

2 comments:

CML_Shearings said...

Did you try the copper penny trick on those stings? It works very well on wasp or hornet stings. I have first hand experience.

Mister Ed T said...

Brings back some not too fond memories. Glad y'll survived!