Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Six Unspectacular Quirks

Scott has tagged me. I am generally the weak link in meme chains, not playing along, but this one doesn't look too difficult, so here goes...

Rules:
1. Link the person(s) who tagged me
2. Mention the rules on my blog
3. Tell about six unspectacular quirks of mine
4. Tag six fellow bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged

Without any further ado, here are six of my unspectacular quirks:

1. My elbows hyperextend, allowing me to contort my arms into odd and disturbing angles. It amuses my children.

2. My hearing was damaged, I believe, by too many loud rock concerts as a teenager (I probably averaged two to three a month or more, and always positioned myself right up front by the amps). For most of my adult life, I've noticed that I don't hear conversation well if there is a lot of background noise around me, and have to really focus on a person's face to understand what is being said.

3. I don't generally like to listen to the radio in the car. I find it an annoying distraction when trying to think my own thoughts or carry on conversation.

4. I could very easily live without ever watching television again, but my family loves it.

5. I could very easily live without ever eating meat again, but again, my family loves it.

6. Somewhere along the line, I started wearing gloves to do any sort of outdoor or otherwise rough work. As a result, I have very tender hands that pick up every possible sliver and scrape and blister and cut when I'm not wearing gloves. Because my hands are so sensitive, I continue to wear gloves to protect them; my hands never do get any tougher, and thus the cycle continues...

So there you go. Six bits of useless information about me. How about you, Mom, Sheila, Uncle Ed, Krav Mom, Amanda, KMJ?

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

Quirks? I didn't think I had any, especially "unspectacular" ones. Okay, I'll try to come up with some, but today I have a very full day, so it may have to wait till tomorrow.

Mister Ed T said...

I'll blog something.

K Murphy J said...

Six unspectacular quirks:

1. I compulsively repeat lists and the order of lists in my head, the result being I memorize tons of random things.

2. I usually eat the veggies on my plate before any proteins, e.g. grilled chicken salad...I'll eat all the salad then save all the chicken for last.

3. I am a story harlot. I love hearing the same (good) stories told again and again to new audiences to watch their reactions upon hearing it for the first time.

4. I taught myself, in high school, how to write backwards, and with my left hand, and backwards with my left hand, and even a little bit of mirror writing -- both hands at the same time.

5. I 'changed' the spelling of my name from Karen to Karyne from 8th grade until the first day of college, when a professor made fun of me, and I changed it back.

6. I get the reasons why I love and adore my friends; I don't get why they like me back. ;)