Monday, July 14, 2008

Goodbye to VanPort

It has been a great week, even though it has been a bit of a whirlwind. We got T & K moved over to their new place and had quite a bit more family time, including more pool time, a marathon homemade ice cream-making session and a long walk around a duck pond at night--just Mom, Patricia and I--dodging duck and goose poop with every step. I got to spend a little over an hour with my old friend, ReNai, and even managed to run out of gas in her driveway, needing to borrow gas from her mower to get back to the gas station. Today, we went to OMSI, our favorite thing to do in Portland. We met some more old friends, the Beatty family, there and busied ourselves with a day of hands-on science fun, then went out to dinner with my mom.

Tonight we pack and tomorrow morning we leave. We have had a nice time, but it will be good to be home, too.

Next post from Montana.

Oh, and one more thing! How could I forget? We got word this evening that Andy's sis, Ruth, is engaged to her beau, Benny. Congratulations, you two! We can't wait to have you in the family, Benny.

5 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

Glad you had a great time. Congratulations to Ruth and Benny. Have a good trip home.

K Murphy J said...

Yay, I'm glad you got to visit more folks on your trip too. :) Wow, so Ms. Ruth is engaged! Congratulations to them both. P.S. I'm busy springing our idea on people. Ttyl

alison said...

What FLAVOR of ice cream did you make? Details, Lady, details. You can't just say homemade ice cream and certainly not a marathon session of it, without telling the flavors, unless it was vanilla. Is that the given?

Glad you had a great time.

I have this strange sensation that by returning to Montana you are coming back to me, although you are closer to the coast than Michigan, simply because I can picture Montana. Silly, but I know you get it.

Sherry C said...

Re: Homemade ice cream

Our dear Patricia led us in the making of a new recipe, one she'd found in a book. It was supposed to be dulce de leche, I think, but after cranking and cranking forever, we couldn't come up with a better description than the light, fluffy center of a toasted marshmallow. It wasn't one we would make again, but it is always fun to learn, as well as to eat something you have worked hard for.

Also, I asked P what her flavor, the bride's flavor, had been at their wedding and she said it was strawberry chocolate chip, playing off the chocolate covered strawberries idea. Apparently, it was very tasty, but I was too smitten with the coffee/chocolate concoction that the groom had offered to notice.

There. Are you happy now?

alison said...

Yes, I am happy.

P.S. I'm stealing Patricia.