Friday, June 27, 2008

Yard Sale, Day One

I'm wiped.

After an entire week of getting ready for this outrageously large sale, I started the day sunburned, tired and still fighting this nasty cold. Within an hour of starting the early morning shift, I had added another fun element--the twenty-eight day cycle, here to surprise me on day 27.

I dragged through the increasingly hot day, trying to smile and make small talk with customers.

The sale did very well, monetarily, but I am beat.

We will be up and at 'em early tomorrow for another long day of it--this time with the mercury supposed to climb ten degrees higher than today--into the mid-90's or better. I skipped going out for dinner with the family this evening, and after a short nap, am looking forward to a very early bedtime.

Let's see, it's almost 6:30 now. Is that close enough to bedtime? If I could only stop the sneezing and the coughing and inhibit the scratchiness of my throat, the watering of my eyes and the drainage of my sinuses, I could probably go to bed now and sleep through until morning.

I truly hope Andy remembers to buy me a new box of tissues, the soft kind with the lotion in them, while he is out. The ones we have in the house are starting to feel like sandpaper on my raw, sunburned nose.

2 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

Yes! Hit the hay, or whatever's in your matress. Get over that cold!

alison said...

Just reading this Saturday night. I'm hoping the sale went well and that you get a good night's sleep.