Thursday, June 19, 2008

From the Imagination Files

We had a couple of extra kids here for Tuesday night and most of today. Liam is Tano's age and looks like he could be related to us. His sister, Hannah, is Elli's age and is about the sweetest little thing you could imagine. Both kids are wonderfully well-behaved, creative, and just a lot of fun to be around.

We seem to have more than our fair share of wooden shields, swords and daggers around the place, and the four kids were making very good use of them, donning strange accents and scrap fabric for cloaks and valiantly going off to battle this and that and each other on numerous occasions.

It came to a head this morning when the girls came into the house looking rather formal with their cloaks and daggers. Hannah got my attention.

"Mrs. C____," she began, "I have killed your son."

"Have you, now?" I asked in mock concern.

"Yes. I have killed your son. I think you should come and see."

I decided to humor them and accompany them outside to view the body. "The king will not be pleased with this news," I warned solemnly as we walked out the door, "and the queen is not too happy either."

As I neared our destination, I realized that this was going to be a photo-worthy moment and I ran back for my camera.

Here is what I saw:



It is not often that one encounters a beheading out on the trampoline. It was disturbing, of course, but terribly creative and well-staged. The photo was even better than the reality and had Andy and I absolutely crying with laughter.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!
I will be on the lookout for the sequel. May they put their creativity and ingenuity to good use.

Uncle Ed

Scott Lyons said...

lol

That is awesome.

Sheila said...

I LOVE IT!!!

Ahm, I mean, yea verily, we shall mourn the death of the young prince and send our heartfelt sympathies to the king, queen, and princess.

Sherry C said...

I suppose it is only fair to note, for those of you still scratching their heads, that there are two well-placed tears (rips) in the fabric our trampoline.

alison said...

My kids are going to be thrilled...and disappointed that this wasn't considered when they were there.

AmberJ said...

very nice -- and disturbing.

Anonymous said...

Hysterical! Awesome! Amazing! I love the creativity. hahaha - kmj

Anonymous said...

Hysterical! Awesome! Amazing! I love the creativity. hahaha - kmj

christopher said...

LAWL! ;D