Saturday, March 01, 2008

Sweet Baby James

Our housemate, Rachel, gave birth to a healthy little boy last night/early this morning. James Clayton B____ was born at 3:38 AM. He was 7 lb. 8 oz. and 21 inches long. Mother and baby are both doing extremely well.

This was my first home birth to ever witness, and more than witness, I was an active participant in the entire experience. The baby was born here at the Homestead with the midwife, mom-in-law (Nance), sister-in-law (Connie) and me in attendance. It was really a beautiful experience.

Photos soon.

Welcome to the world, little one.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Congratulations all around!

alison said...

I love the name James. Congratulations to everyone.

Mister Ed T said...

Must have been a great expereince. At least you don't have to suffer the pain! Be sure to support his head when you hold him. :)

AmberJ said...

Welcome Baby James! Yeah for home birth. Glad to know all went well. I would love to attend one now that I've been on this side...twice!