Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bella Update

Bella has been diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). This is actually good news--it is the most common form of leukemia among children, and the most treatable. Survival rates are fairly positive, statistically.

She had surgery today to extract some bone marrow and spinal fluid for testing, and it came back looking as good as could be hoped for. She will start her chemotherapy tomorrow, staying in Spokane for at least the next four weeks. After that, doctors project that she will have weekly or monthly appointments there for the next few years.

Years.

How quickly life can change.

We don't know yet what this means for them as a family. It is possible they may choose to move to Spokane, as Mark telecommutes from home already. We just don't know.

If you are interested in checking in on Bella occasionally, you can visit her Caring Bridge website, a really nice use of modern technology. Knowing Mark and April, I'm guessing it will be kept very current.

Thank-you for praying--courage, comfort, peace, endurance...keep it coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherry: Please let us know if they need anything -- cookies, meals, friendly face. You can reach me anytime on my cell or
e-mail.
--Laura

Sherry C said...

Laura,

I seem to have lost all contact info for you. We moved right after we last saw you guys and everything kind of exploded on me. Could you email me? I am at bresnan dot net, under just my last name.