Monday, February 25, 2008

Occupational Hazard #23

So I was putting away the dishes I'd washed earlier and noticed that one of the bowls had a bit of dried cheese stuck to it. I chipped at it with my thumbnail--standard operating procedure, right?

Wrong.

A shard of dry cheese flew like a projectile missile and struck me in the eye. I was startled, to say the least. Careful not to blink hard for fear of scratching my cornea, I headed to the bathroom to see if the bit o' cheddar was still in my eye or had just bounced off of it. It was still there and I cautiously extracted it.

I am happy to report that the cheese did not do any damage to my eye, but let this serve as a warning to us all.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Occupational Hazard #23-1:

Scraping said cheese off with fingernail, then said cheese breaking free and digging it's way under your fingernail, drawing blood.

It's happened to me.

Let this serve as a warning to us all.

Sheila said...

Yikes! I held my breath until I finished reading that you are ok. You can't be too careful about your eyes! Glad you are ok!