Friday, February 01, 2008

A Little Something to Get the Heart Pumping

It has snowed, at times heavily, quite a bit over the last couple of days. The roads are a mess. Dad C. found himself stuck in a ditch earlier today and a kind neighbor helped get him out. No damage or injuries, thankfully.

Tonight, coming home late and alone from cleaning the apartment in Corvallis, I spun out on some ice while trying to turn a corner ever so gingerly. Although I wasn't going very fast, I spun wildly into the other lane, right into the path of a large oncoming vehicle--a propane delivery truck, I'd find out later.

I managed to slide out of the way at the same moment that the truck driver managed to swerve a little and we avoided each other. I finally came to a stop less than a foot from a cluster of mailboxes. I was roughly perpendicular in the road, but there wasn't any traffic and I was able to back up and get back on the road to drive the rest of the way home.

I do believe my knuckles have returned to their original pinkish color. Thank-you, Jesus.

5 comments:

CML_Shearings said...

His protection becomes so obvious during these road conditions! Sure am glad we pray for each other.

Anonymous said...

Amen! Uncle Ed

Sheila said...

So glad you are ok.

alison said...

My heart skipped a beat just reading your account. Glad you are safe.

Are you out of the loft entirely?

Eagle-eye Di said...

Hey have you checked on Dad Smith lately?