Friday, December 28, 2007

San Diego, Part Two




The boy was genuinely sick for about twenty-four hours, but as you can see, he has recovered quite nicely. The four crazy polar bear club members pictured are my brother (the one with the wet suit, lucky guy), his future father-in-law (who is apparently a former Marine), and two of his groomsmen (the less furry one being my son). Can you hear them yelling Braveheart-style as they run fearlessly (or foolishly) into the surf? Note the other surfers in the last photo--do you see any of them being crazy enough to submerge themselves in the Pacific Ocean on December 28 without a wetsuit? No, I don't think so. Tano was chilled for an hour afterward, but says it was totally worth it.

We are having such a great time. My fingers may be permanently pruned, however, from all the time I've spent in the hot tub. I never seem to get tired of it.

One more image from this evening--just minutes ago, in fact:



Aaah, the original definition of comfort food, the flavor of my teen and college years, still exactly as I remember it.

Tomorrow is the big day.

2 comments:

SUZIE Q said...

wow, looks like fun! I so wish we were there too. Miss you Sherry!

concretegodmother said...

God bless In-N-Out! They never change...and that's why they're awesome! Welcome back to SoCal!