Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

It is a very unusual Christmas morning for us, but lovely.

We are in Spokane, or thereabouts, at the home of my friend, Laura, a mostly silent reader of this blog. She and I met in Vancouver, where neither of us was from, and did MOMS ministry together for several years. Now neither of us live there anymore, but I am spending Christmas morning in her house.

She and her family are not here; they are visiting family in Oregon for the holidays, but they graciously opened their home to us as a place to stay while we wait for our flight to San Diego, which leaves this afternoon.

We spent Christmas Eve eating their food and watching their movies on their big screen TV. We awoke this morning in their bed and opened their blinds to enjoy their snowy pastoral view. The kids are happily playing with their Legos while I type here on their computer. Their Christmas music is cranked up on their sound system and I can smell their coffee brewing from their kitchen.

Laura, are you reading this from Oregon? Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, my friend.

Merry Christmas, all my blogging friends and family. I pray that you will all have a beautiful day, full of little blessings, as you celebrate the greatest gift the world has ever known.

No comments: