Friday, July 13, 2007

Laundry at the Loft

The Loft’s laundry area only fits a stackable washer and dryer. We don’t have a stackable set, and it doesn’t make sense to invest in one for a temporary situation, so I am back to using the good old laundromat.

Using a laundromat often has an unfortunate social stigma attached to it, and it’s not always the nicest place to spend your time, but it’s not all bad. I have a small but clean one just a couple of hundred yards from my front door, and it is rarely busy. Plus, I have two children who are old enough to carry baskets of clothes to and from the car and in and out of the laundromat for me. And consider this amazing fact: In the span of just under three hours this afternoon, I sorted, spot-treated, transported, washed, dried, folded, transported again and put away five loads of laundry.

Five loads of laundry completed and put away in under three hours.

Friends and neighbors, that’s efficient.

Oh, and did I mention that the just-under-three-hours included plenty of time to sip a cold drink and do a little light reading?

2 comments:

alison said...

That's kinda show offy...it's feeling a little lonely here...if I didn't have ten loads of laundry...on the floor...I would be feeling really alone.

Tom said...

I got one word to say to that.

Winter, baby, winter.

OK, so that was three words, but you get the idea.

I'm already dreading winter, for your sake. Your clothes are going to freeze.