Thursday, June 28, 2007

Three Things Thursday--BONUS EDITION

1. Our house is 80% empty and half of it is cleaned. It still has electricity, phone and internet.

2. Our apartment has served as our sleeping quarters all week, but it does not yet have any modern conveniences like those mentioned above. In its defense, it is at least very attractive.

3. I foolishly moved all of our cooking items, pots and pans, dishes and utensils, to the apartment--where we cannot cook or refrigerate yet, even though we are still spending most of our time packing and cleaning at the house.

BONUS:

4. Andy comes home tomorrow.

1 comment:

alison said...

At least you have the excuse of being away and moving as you live through the chaos.

I...well, I don't.

Paul should have been home at 2:30 today, but his flight was canceled. He's due in at 6:10. The house, excepting the kitchen, is a mess. As I wrote that Jack and Christopher knocked over a glass topped table in the living room that had a bowl of cereal left on it. The squalor! Cereal spilled and the glass broke. The big kids are cleaning up the mess. I am going to close this and then get right in the car to take the kids to dinner.

Some people might be able to pull their homes from the brink, OK, the depths, of horror without verbally abusing the kids, but - today - I am not one of them.

As I was typing that Paul called to say his plane is delayed a bit more...I hope he gets in before Andy does...that's all I can say.