Monday, October 09, 2006

Some Thoughts on Clutter

If we have signifantly less stuff, then we could have places for everything to go, right?

And if we put it all away before bed each night, then each day would start with a clutter-free house, right?

And if the kids are off to school each day, then there shouldn't be much time for a huge mess to accumulate before bed, right?

And if there isn't much mess, then picking up should be a quick and easy task, right?

And if I'm not spending much time picking up clutter, then I could use the time I currently use picking up clutter on actual cleaning instead, right?

And if I didn't have clutter all about, and I spent more time actually cleaning things, then our home would be a much more pleasant place to be, right?

Right.


We are going to work toward this.

Revolutionary, I know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you learn the trick to this will you please post it?!

Sheila said...

I am sure there is a flaw in your reasoning somewhere, but I can't figure out where.

Chaos theory. I'm sure that explains why, even if you reduce clutter, you'll still be putting stuff away instead of actually cleaning. They should have a name for this syndrome.

Oh yeah, they do. It's called "parenting". It sometimes sucks, but it's totally worth it. (rinse, repeat: it's totally worth it)

Eagle-eye Di said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheila said...

Oooh, removing comments, huh? Why does that pique my curiosity?

Sherry C said...

No biggie, Sheila. My aunt had left a comment that I guess she decided was a little too personal or something and deleted it herself.

No scandal here, sorry.

Sheila said...

Ah, don't be sorry. I'm just looking for a little excitment. Not that I NEED anymore excitement in my life - more to come on that topic!