Thursday, April 13, 2006

Three Things Thursday

A Few of My Favorite Things

1. My daughter gets this look on her face that I absolutely love. When she is imagining something wonderful or thinking of a solution to a very difficult problem, she scrunches up her face and narrows her eyes down to slits. Her hazel green eyes turn a dark grey and sparkle with a faraway appearance. She seems to almost disappear completely behind her thoughts and I have to turn away to conceal my smile in the midst of her seriousness.

2. When my son finds something funny, really funny, he lets loose a belly laugh that never fails to make me laugh, too. It's contagious. He has had this wonderful laugh since he was a baby and it has only gotten better over the years. He will laugh so hard that his sides ache, tears stream down his face, and he will literally fall out of the chair he is sitting on and roll on the floor. It's not a show, and it doesn't happen often, but when it does, it lights up the entire room.

3. My husband's voice is soothing to me. When I am upset or frustrated, I have learned that the best thing to do is to just quietly listen to him talk to me. I will admit, I am not always paying perfect attention to his words, and sometimes I disagree with what he is saying, but his rich, deep voice comforts me nonetheless. It echoes in my ears and in my heart when I remember, he is mine and I am his. As long as we both shall live.

3 comments:

jaymarie said...

excellent.

CML_Shearings said...

Your priorities are right on, as your favorite things express! Love to you and the possessors of your favorite things.

Mister Ed T said...

Your precious family! Does Elli have six-year-old wiggles now?