Thursday, March 23, 2006

Super Fudge

Remember those Judy Bloom books from the 70's? Remember Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing about the misadventures of a fourth grade kid and his pesky, mischevious little brother named Fudge? Fudge was so well-liked that he got his own book, Superfudge. I think there was even another Fudge book, but the name escapes me.

Well, now Drake the Dog has a new little brother--also named Fudge. He came home last night. His mother is a pure bred Springer Spaniel and his father is a pure bred Chocolate Lab. Both mother and father are from champion lines and used for breeding--just not usually together. So we got ourselves a pure bred pup--just from two different breeds. He really seems like a great dog so far. We aren't seeing any of the dominance or aggression of the previous puppy. He behaves much more like a puppy should.

Here are a few photos I've managed to snap today. Enjoy.





11 comments:

CML_Shearings said...

He looks darling. Esther could hardly wait to see him last night. Sounds like he'll be a smooth fudge pup. Thanks for assisting Esther back into a part-time job! Just hope it doesn't detract from her GED prep. I'll be prying about that.

CML_Shearings said...

Oops! That was a Freudian slip if there ever was one. I meant I would be "praying" not "prying"... though Esther often feels like Louis and I do more of the second, we really try to do the first and leave the results with the Lord.

Sherry C said...

Funny, Cary! When I initially read "prying" and realized your mistake, I was already chuckling, and then your second comment summed up exactly what I was laughing about.

You must come over and see the pup one of these days, perhaps between 10:45 and 1:15?

Jeannie said...

He's a little darling! If only I could reach into this screen and pet him! He looks so sweet and a little sad -- perhaps missing his mama? It looks so cute to see him and Drake together. I sure hope he's as good as he is cute!

alison said...

Um, could he be any cuter?

The first picture is my favorite. I like seeing him next to Drake.

mrsfish said...

very cute little guy. Look at thos big paws!

Mister Ed T said...

Can I come over an play with him? He looks so adorable!

Ruth C said...

Ok, everyone's already said it...but oh, my that is CUTE puppy! I was thinking if it you have one last cold snap he'd be a fudge-cicle (sicle?...my English is done for the day!)

Anyway, adorable puppy...I want him.

Ruth C said...

...and so is my typing, apparently.

alison said...

C. "It makes me want to pet it."

E. reaching towards the screen, "I want to buy dat litto puppy!"

Sheila said...

Aaaawwwww, he's soooo CUTE! And I love the name Fudge! (we had a dog named Cocoa when I was young)